There is a lot to remember when preparing to travel internationally. There’s even more to keep track of when you need to travel abroad for work. So imagine how much of a scramble it can be if you need to prepare for a business trip abroad at the last minute! If you’ve got a surprise business trip radar, not a problem! Here are some tips:
Make a Checklist — or Google One
- Pack a complete change of business attire, your laptop, smartphone, a quick charger and WiFi hotspot in your carryon bag (in case the airline loses your suitcase).
- Special attire, and thoughtful small gifts for your clients.
- Home preparations, like making sure the bills are paid, hiring a house/pet sitter, and suspending mail service while you’re gone.
- Work preparations, redistributing time-sensitive projects, arranging an itinerary for your trip online and a printed version.
- Pick up petty cash in Euors, Zlotys, or Rubles.
- Your passport and a digital copy.
Get Set at Work
Make sure your office and home has a copy of your full travel itinerary, reservation confirmations, a copy of your travel documents, and a backup for any materials you’ll need while abroad.
It’s a digital world. Make sure you have everything you need to work remotely. As you pack your electronics, double-check that you also have power cords and adapters. This is also the right time to put a hold on your smartphone’s service, if you’ll be away for a week. And remember, staying connected is of vital importance, so make sure you have a business WiFi hotspot so you can go online whenever you need to.
Sapphire business WiFi devices give you the flexibility to connect whenever and wherever you need an internet connection. Simply power up your Sapphire international WiFi device, select the country you’re in, select a prepaid or pay-as-you-go option, and get a secure wireless signal so you can get to work. Learn more and shop online for the best in business WiFi devices!